Monday, August 6, 2007

Current Reading Influences Current Game Interest

No gaming this past weekend as we dropped off the kids at the grandparents this Saturday.

After finishing reading Fire in the Sky, covering the World War II air campaigns in the South Pacific, by Eric Bergerud, I've been reading some SciFi. The last two books I read are from the Star Trek universe, original series timeline specifically, Harbinger and Reap the Whirlwind, both by David Mack. Harbinger is the first book in the Vanguard Series and Reap the Whirlwind is the third book. Vanguard is a Watch Tower class Starbase in the unexplored Taurus Reach which lies between the Federation, Klingon, and Tholian Empires.

Continuing with "David" authors, I picked up Echoes of Honor, by David Weber at Half Price books this Sunday. This book is part of the Honorverse and the first one I've started reading and yes, again like the Vanguard Series, I'm jumping out of order. I also found that some of his books are available online here.

The SciFi theme influenced me to pull out the old SPI game Sword and the Stars from the closet and I have been reading the rules. Sword and the Stars exports the older SPI Empires of the Middle Ages (recently re-published by Decision Games) game into Space.

No comments: